This article is a good overview of just how broad and deep social networking has spread its tentacles into the legal sphere. Of particular interest to any attorneys interviewing clients for possible litigation is to find out what they are doing online and where. Here are some key things to include in your client checklist:
- What social networking profiles do they have?
- What is available on their pages – documents, photos, videos etc?
- Are they aware of their privacy settings?
- Do they know that insurance companies, opposing counsel and private investigators maybe reviewing their profiles?
- Do they adequately screen everyone who they allow to “friend,” “connect with” or ask to “follow” them?