Here is a great resource for examining the variety of social networking policies and after a quick glance I have realize that all social networking policies are not created equal. Here are some questions to consider:
- Is your policy for all employees?
- Can an umbrella policy cover activities of all your employees?
- How would you classify the nature of your business, industry, product, service, employees?
- What kind of social networking activity would you want to promote?
- What kind of social networking would like to discourage?
- Is your business a trend-setter?
- Is it a conservative, traditional business?
- Is the company brand tied to a specific individual or not? (Richard Branson, Martha Stewart, Larry Ellison)
- Do you want your company brand to be more personalized?